There are lots of features we plan to add and there are still some quirks,
but the basic functionality is all here to create great places, and we appreciate feedback
Click the Forum link above (must be signed in) and
go to Suggestions or Bugs, as appropriate. Or, you can drop a note via our Contact Page
There are two main sections in RealPlaces, Explore
. Explore is where you can
visit real places around the world up close and in-person from a first-person point of view. Create is where you can build
real places to share with others.
After you explore some of the places that others have created, try
to create a place of your own - even if it's just one or two spots. As you will see, there is
a wide range of style, detail and quality among the existing places. Feel free to experiment, your places
are private - visible only to you - until you choose to make them visible to others.
- View: A photo taken from a first-person perspective, which has been
assigned its precise physical location and facing-direction.
- Zoomed View: (or just zoom) A close-up photo, or an alternate view.
Typically used to show detail not visible in the standard view.
- Spot: An organized set of views facing in multiple directions from a
- Place: A set of one or more spots, logically linked together to facilitate
movement. This is what RealPlaces is all about!
There are two main pages in the Explore area: Find Places and Walk Around.
- Find Places lets you browse or search for places by location, names or tags.
- Walk Around lets you walk around and see places from ground level.
- See the Exploring page for more info.
When you are ready to create your own places, here's an overview of what you'll do:
- Take pictures
- Upload them
- Sort them by spot
- Locate them on a map and link them together
- Preview your place and share!
Of course there are many tips and tricks to make this process faster and easier, and we've compiled
a lot of helpful information here for you. Continue to the Creating
page for more details.